Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Week 1 EOC: Best and Worst Jobs

Since I have never had a real job I'm writing about my best and worst customer service experiences. One day I was shopping with a friend and I walked into a shop and immediately the worker was talking to me and complimenting my outfit! She was the sweetest girl and very genuine. As I was looking around she was following me (not in a weird way but just doing her job) to see if I needed help with anything or needed a fitting room. She got my fitting room started right away and was very attentive to me which is usually what customers want! This happened fairly recently and I can say that it was one of the best customer service experiences I've had in a while! The worst would have to be when I went to Olive Garden with a couple of girls from school and the waiter was very clumsy and got our order wrong more than once! He wasn't very nice either, he wasn't attentive at all. We would see him every other 20-30 minutes and it took him even longer than that to bring us our check when we had finished our meal so we were sitting there for what felt like hours just to pay for our food. My friends didn't want to tip him since he had done such a poor job waiting us but I felt bad even if he was a horrible waiter so I convinced them to tip him a little! Good customer service and hospitality will make customers eager to go back and buy more and “Many people think of hotels and restaurants when they think of the hospitality industry, but it comprises numerous types of organizations” (human resources management in the hospitality industry, page 1). 

No comments:

Post a Comment